Hi everyone, its been a while since I posted a beauty post and yes this is a food blog but I thought I would also include a beauty section where I share with you natural remedies in relation to beauty!
The past few months i’ve become more aware of the ingredients many beauty products,including make up contain! and its shocking! I won’t go into details about it here but if you’re interested check out my friends blog post on the topic ‘Here’
Anyhow if you ready my story you know I used to suffer from acne and I remember the days where I used to take prescription pills, vitamins and spent soooo much money on “beauty” products in the hope that they would heal my skin.. turned out that it was my eating habits that i needed to invest in! Since eliminating certain foods (which are my own personal triggers) and becoming plant based my skin has never looked any better & I am so ever grateful 🙂
However there are some days where my skin feel and looks irritated – and days where I just want to pamper my self for the fun of it! But instead of spending money on products I now make my own and if you know me you know I am cheap simple & basic (or at least I like to think I am those things)!
Okay, so what is my face mask? what is it for? which skin type is it best for? keep reading…
COFFEE & HONEY! Thats all you need…
- Great skin exfoliator
- Soften the skin
- Treats puffy eyes
- Diminishes under-eye circles
- Great anti-oxidation meaning,it a great remedy for skin damage caused by UV rays from exposure to the sun. Research has proven that applying coffee on the skin provides a layer of protection from harmful radiation.
- Makes the skin tighter
- Brightens the skin
- Reducing inflammation and redness
- “wakes up” a tired complexion.
- & great doing away with cellulite! (you can use coffee as a body scrub too just mix it with coconut oil)
- Honey is naturally antibacterial, so it’s great for acne treatment and prevention.
- Aging: Full of antioxidants, it is great for slowing down aging.
- Complexion boost: It is extremely moisturizing and soothing, so it helps create a glow.
Which skin type is it best for? ALL skin types – especially those with acne 🙂
You want to use ground coffee beans for this and mix an the 2 ingredients together to create a nice paste – not too runny not to thick – just enough for it to stay on your face!
& you want to leave it for 15-30mins or longer if you want 🙂
TIP: I usually do this in the morning after I make my french pressed coffee! Instead of throwing my used ground coffee I go and mix it with some honey & apply it all over my face – any left over i leave it for the next day 😉
& here you have it, simple, easy quick & so effective 🙂