Since my last post was a long one on the benefits of Matcha I decided to dedicate the next recipe using matcha! & just before you dive in deeper, these are not vegan unfortunately! 🙁 I am sorry my vegan followers!
I’ve made these earlier this year and my vegan version was a disaster! I am not saying you can’t make them vegan I just personally haven’t made them yet! 🙁 But if you’re not vegan you will love this one here, even if you’re not a matcha lover! unless you just hate the look of green cookies… (if you don’t want a green looking cookie you can simply just not add matcha powder at all!) but come on now, don’t you just feel healthier having a green one! 😉
Anyways let’s get into it, these are soooo yummy, easy to make and you only need few basic ingredients. These cookies are flourless, Gluten free & as always simple, easy and really quick to make! & you probably have all the ingredients in your kitchen unless you’re vegan! 🙂
So what do you need? Ingredients:
- 2 TB coconut oil
- 3 TB mayple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Matcha powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips (for my matcha version i used white chocolate & for my original i used dark chocolates
- You want to start by preheating the oven & line baking paper on your tray
- Start the making your mixture by adding coconut oil & mayple syrup to a large bowl. make sure the oil is soft but not melted. (heat it up a little if needed) stir the 2 together until the mixture is combined.
- Add the egg & vanilla & whist together
- In a separate bowl add the dry ingredients, flour, baking soda, baking powder, Matcha powder & salt & mix. Add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients & stir until all well combined.
- & last add your chocolate chip and mix with your hands or a spoon!
- Now the fun part – you want to create small balls with your hands and place them in the tray and press down to flatten them & create a cookie shape.. or whatever desired look you want to create
- Once you’ve used all your mixture you want to pop your tray into the oven and bake for 10-15mins! thats it and your done 🙂
- Wait for them to cool down & enjoy with friends & family!
Hope you guys enjoyed this recipe as much as i did I made my 2nd patch the 2nd day since I ate it all & didn’t even take enough photos! to show you the final results…
*** By the way the brownie on the top corner is my vegan flourless gluten free black beans brownie, which i posted months ago here! 🙂